If you are a blogger, influencer, website owner, affiliate marketer or just a beginner looking to become any of the above, stick around.
Here you’ll find a quick review on the HostGator affiliate program, where to join, its commission rates and finally, a little piece of advice on how to start sending traffic and making money with the HostGator affiliate program.
How to start making money with the HostGator affiliate program
I could list a few tactics for this particular program here.
This would be doing you a disservice.
You are one of two types of people that’ll make it to this article:
- Either you know your fundamentals and are just browsing for new affiliate programs, in which case go on the button above, join up, and start making money and ignore the rest of the article, you know what you are doing
- You are somewhat of a beginner affiliate marketer, in that case, read on
To learn how to send traffic and make from pretty much any affiliate program program, you’ll need a solid grasp on the fundamentals of digital marketing.
- Knowing how to make a solid website which performs well, converts well and adds value to your audience.
- Learning how to drive traffic for organic search results (SEO)
- Learning some paid traffic tactics with google ads, facebook + instagram ads, display ads etc
- And if you want to scale this effort and become a full time digital marketer, you’ll either need to dive into advanced topics like remarketing, native ads, building an email list etc.
- Another option is just going deep into one of those skills and becoming extremely proficient at SEO and converting organic traffic, or focusing on building an email list with paid ads, nurturing that list and promoting your affiliate offers there.
You can learn all those skills to make money with affiliate marketing while making sure you have all the fundamentals of digital marketing covered with our FREE Masters Course in Digital Marketing & Business.
It’s a fully featured course I give out for free, just because it’s what I would have wanted years ago when I was starting my affiliate marketing journey.
I hope you sign up and learn something life changing ;).
Remember, it’s free! So what do you have to lose?
What does HostGator do?
HostGator has a huge reputation in the world of web hosting. The company offers scalable hosting solutions to a wide range of clients. Here are some of the important features of HostGator’s web hosting services: –
- Various web hosting options
- 99.9% Uptime guarantee
- Free SSL Certificate
- Easy WordPress installation
- Free domain for one year
The company offers different hosting plans to its customers including shared hosting, website builder, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting. It is currently hosting more than 2 million website and the number is rising rapidly over time.
HostGator Affiliate Program Commissions
Since you are here to monetize your site or audience, I’ll put the commissions on here first.
This is what I always look for first in an affiliate program 😉
The HostGator affiliate program allows bloggers and affiliate marketers to earn money by promoting HostGator services. The company offers different commission rates to its affiliates based on the number of clients brought by them each month. For bringing 1-5 clients per month, the commission rate is $65 per referral. For bringing 6-10 clients per month, the commission rate is $75 per referral. If you bring 11-20 clients per month, you can earn $100 on each signup. The commission rate for 21+ signups per month is $125 per signup. The cookie duration under this affiliate program is 60 days.
HostGator Affiliate Program Payment Terms
Something often underappreciated as some programs pay quickly while others a little more slowly. Payment terms are always a factor to consider:
The HostGator affiliate program runs on the Impact Radius network. The company pays its affiliates via two methods including PayPal and bank transfer. The commission earned by an affiliate in March will be received by him after the 10th of May. You have to wait for two months and 10 days to receive your earned commission. Once you become a long-term affiliate of the company, you will receive commission each month. The minimum payout threshold is $100 under this program.
HostGator Affiliate Program, A Quick Review
To keep it easy and structured, i’ll go into a few reasons why you should join this affiliate program, and a few why you should not.
You’ll be able to tell whether I liked this program based on how many reasons I list for each site 😉
Reasons to join the HostGator affiliate program:
HostGator is currently hosting around 2 million websites. It means the company has a huge popularity at the global level. Becoming an affiliate of a popular company is always more beneficial. Here are some of the important reasons to join this affiliate program: –
- The commission rate increases as you make more and more sales in a particular month
- The company offers regular bonuses to its affiliates
- The company has a dedicated affiliate team
- The affiliates get 100+ designs from the company to make promotion easier
- No minimum referrals
Reasons to avoid the HostGator affiliate program and work with alternatives:
Where HostGator offers a lot of perks to its affiliates, there are some areas where it lags behind its competitors. In this part of the article, you will know some of the cons associated with this affiliate program including: –
- The minimum payout threshold is slightly higher as compared to other programs
- You have to wait for around 2 and a half month to receive your first payment
If you made it this far, just go to the button at the top of the article to join the affiliate program. Start sending traffic and see how it goes.
Otherwise, if you are a beginner, join it, but also join our masters course on digital marketing and business to learn the fundamental skills you need to really start making money as an affiliate.
See you there 😉