So, you are considering Hive.
You’ll be wondering if it's a good choice for you, if its feature set compares well to other options on the market, and if it is priced affordably enough for what you get.
This article will break all that down for you and more.
Plus, at the end of the article, you’ll find links to alternatives to Hive as well as our top picks for the options in this category.
Or, just go straight to Our top picks for Best Project management software
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Project management tools are crucial for every business; to track the work status of several teams within the organization efficiently. Hive is made for fast-scaling businesses and allows you to follow the progress of every project through its innovative and customizable Dashboard.
Here are some exclusive features of Hive:
- Project management: Hive is compatible with teams of every size. It simplifies project tracking by providing multiple flexible views of ongoing projects, enabling project managers to; easily assign tasks and maintain accountability. Hive allows you to switch between the Gantt charts, Status view, Label view, Team view and a Table view to give a better outlook on your tasks.
- Team-wide Resourcing: It is a time management tool that creates a unique dashboard; for your resourcing requirements. Users who have access to resourcing workspace can create and view their personalized schedules to stay on track, while the project managers can book resources or assign tasks for fast-paced action.
- Time-Tracking: With Hive, you can track the time taken for project completion in the same workspace where you manage your project details. Moreover, Hive offers timesheet reports, allowing managers; to track the billable hours of employees, assess their work rate and get overall visibility into every team's operations.
- Task Prioritization: Users can set the priority status; to every task through action cards and enable teams to focus on completing urgent assignments to avoid missing the deadline. Moreover, you can set urgency levels for projects nearing the deadline date, and Hive will automatically place them above other ongoing tasks with higher priority levels.
- In-app messenger: Hive simplifies interaction within your teams or organization by providing instant messaging services within its platform. Your employees can create groups, send documents in a two-way chatbox and easily connect with their project managers. You can create messaging groups for every department or project within your organization to store interactions in one communication channel.
- Proofing and Approvals: You can turn on this feature by scrolling to the "Hive apps" section. It enables your employees and workspace users to set up approvals, add annotations for proofing, request reviews from teams and add automation to change the status of a file or project after the approval.
- Automation: Hive allows users to manage the automation function based on organizational role and task requirements. Your analytical department can get valuable insights into ongoing operations and team-wide data to create reports. Similarly, your employees can create workflows to automate repetitive tasks, identify risks, group individual actions and streamline the workflow.
Hive offers three pricing plans for teams looking to; efficiently manage their projects and scale their business operations.
"Hive Solo" is for start-ups, Solopreneurs or users that are just getting started with their business. It's a free subscription plan that gives users access; to unlimited storage space plus basic project management and collaboration features.
"Hive Teams" is priced at $16 and allows users to manage multiple projects at once. It provides Time-Tracking and lets you add any amount of users in the workspace according to your requirements.
"Hive Enterprise" is a customized pricing option for large-scale businesses having unique requirements. It provides you with a dedicated support service team and all functionalities offered by Hive.
Hive Discounts and Coupons
Hive offers a 25% discount on its "Hive Teams" subscription upon annual payment. Non-profit organizations can reach out to Hive and get a personalized discounting offer.
Hive Free Trial
Hive offers a 14-day free trial that allows you to use all functionality, including automation, time management and project management. To avail the free trial, simply log in through your Google account, mention your business requirements, fill in some relevant details, and you are ready to get started. Hive does not require users to store card details, and users can cancel the free trial at any time.
Hive, a short how-to guide
Hive offers Google sign-in to simplify the registration process. Once done, you'll be asked to mention your business requirements so Hive can customize the best possible workspace for you.
The Homepage shows your workspace, where you can toggle between projects and see the latest advancements.
You can create new actions by clicking on the "+New" icon at top of the Homepage. Mention whether it's a project, action, note, meeting, invite or request form and add relevant details.
Click on "Projects" on the leftmost side of the workspace to get a list view of ongoing tasks. Here, you add new members to a project by clicking on " Add people to projects".
Check out the topmost menu bar inside the project navigator to switch between " Active projects", "Archived projects", " Summary Views", and "Templates".
Click on "Apps" in the main menu bar in the leftmost corner to access the workspace applications offered by Hive.
Go to the "Analytics" to get insights and visual representations on your projects, employees and clients.
Click on " Portfolio View" to observe progress reports of multiple projects with high-level indicators.
Go to the " Approval Reporting" to set up approval rounds for tasks or change the current approval structure.
Scroll down and click on "Automation" to create unique workflows that automate repetitive tasks within your projects.
Click on "Time-tracking" to access the time management tools offered by Hive and record your employees' working hours.
You can access notes by clicking on the "Notes" tab in the main menu bar on the leftmost corner. Here, you can create new notations or access the ones inputted by your teams.
Check out the top right corner of the screen and click on the Profile icon to update status, alter workspace settings, manage users, give permissions or change the subscription plan.